Tuesday 3 July 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Bread

With all the unseasonable cold and rain at the moment, I've started to crave cold weather foods. One of my favourites of these is anything cinnamon. My boyfriend and I decided to take a rainy day to do some baking, and a look on pinterest led me to this recipe for Cinnamon and Sugar Pull-Apart Bread. 

To start with, butter is melted in a saucepan with milk. Then water and vanilla extract is added.


Then mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl.


Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.


Beat eggs and add to the mixture, mix well. Add the remaining flour.


Cover and leave the dough until it's doubled in size. (We used this time to watch another episode of Game of Thrones season 2, which we've been saving until summer to watch!)


Knead in two tablespoons of flour and cover again for 5-10 minutes.


Meanwhile, make the filling. Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Melt some butter.


Then roll out the dough and cover with butter and the sugar mix.


Cut into squares and stack in a dish.


Bake!


And eat!


It's delicious. Reminds me a lot of Danish pastries (or cinnamon rolls, as I've heard them called). Perfect dessert to cheer us up from the horrible weather. Hopefully now the sun will come out and I can blog about some more summery treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment