Tuesday 5 June 2012

Box Pouch

Apparently a lot of people avoid installing zippers, unless they can help it. So naturally the second thing I chose to sew, ever, has a zipper in. I have a tendency to pick things way above my level. Some of the first things I ever knit were massively complicated cabled mittens, knit in the round and adapted from a pattern for fingerless mitts. I suppose I must like a challenge...


I used the tutorial from prettymodern to make this, as opposed to the tutorial for a box pouch I linked to a few posts ago, as  this one included a lining, as well as the pull tabs for easy zipping. I used some of the sizings from the previous pattern though. 

2 8in x 6in exterior fabric
2 8in x 6in lining fabric
8 in zip
2 2in x 3in contrasting fabric for pull tabs



I didn't really find the zip any more difficult than any thing else, but I did find it all pretty hard! I'm still working on sewing in a straight line, really. I also forgot to add in the pull tab for the other side, so there's only one, and it would have been more useful on the other side. It's not really a problem though, as it's not difficult to do up without it. 


It's great for all the little bits and pieces that usually end up strewn along the bottom of my handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment