Thursday 7 June 2012

Camera Strap Slipcover

I'm off to Paris on Sunday! I'm going for a week and I intend to take a lot of pictures. My camera strap tends to give me Chinese burns though (why do they make them like that?). Not any more!

I used this tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop to make this. I cut out 5in squares from some of my fabric stash (entirely donated by my lovely Great-Aunt who can no longer sew any more). 


I then sewed all together and pressed the seams open.


Then I ironed on some fusible fleece (after cutting it too short and having to iron it on in two parts...)




Then all that was left to do was fold and sew the ends and then sew it into a tube. I turned it right side out and threaded my camera strap through it (with difficulty, is there an easier way?). I attached it to my camera, then realised this made it a little difficult to get pictures... So I unattached it again...


It's now wonderful and comfy! No more red and sore collarbones! Trés bon!

No comments:

Post a Comment